Let thy food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food', often ascribed to Hippocrates (400 BC), and used to emphasize the importance of nutrition to prevent or cure disease.
You have taken the first step to a journey of health intelligence and wellness, to manage symptoms of dis- ease, toxicity & inflammation of the body, mind & soul. The gut-health-brain-connection is our main focus to bring your body, mind & soul to its natural homoeostasis.
In our personal lives, many use words such as happiness, increased energy, positive emotions, pain-free, and peacefulness. When we internalize wellness, we can activate the benefits in everything we do, which in turn spreads to others in our lives.
We will guide you to transform your life, and as we have done in our own lives, since 2016 - see - https://www.medicinally.co.za/blogs/news/our-story
With extensive research and through trial & error, we have determined that it takes approximately 21 days to create or break a habit. This period allows one to create new brain synapses, thoughts and then behaviour in the mind, to change self-limiting beliefs. "Thoughts that fire together, wire together" - Dr Joe Dispenza.
The importance of healthy daily routines/rituals, eventually become the foundation for a happy and healthier lifestyle. The Medicinally aim is to inspire you to follow your very own daily rituals, focusing on your relationship with food & nutrition. This way you will eventually become attuned to the true value of beautiful & natural ingredients. Nutrition will become a new language of love, an act of self-love. We have done extensive research with the guidance of integrative doctors & a gynaecological oncologist to manage chronic pain & dis-ease in the body which we have done in our own lives for the last 7 years. This healthier lifestyle journey of nutrition and a keener understanding of metaphysical soulutions has allowed us to provide a platform for you to begin or continue the life of your dreams where you feel & see a new glow in your thoughts, body, heart and your soul. It all begins where the QI / Chi Life Force Energy takes place - YOUR GUT!
When your gut is out of whack, your whole life may become extremely out of sorts.
Research shows that dietary habits influence dis-ease risk. While certain foods may trigger chronic health conditions, others offer strong medicinal and protective qualities that begin to STRENGTHEN & SUPPORT any issues that you may be struggling with. Our products have been beautifully designed and are natural #Antioxidants, #Hydrating #Alkaline & #Antiinflammatory.
8 - 30 Day Medicinally Detox Protocol ♥️
Our broths, elixirs, tinctures, smoothies & #foodismedicine #nutritionis love approach to all our products, have been endorsed by integrative health medical doctors, with the aim to nourish, manage, strengthen & boost your immune system and provide support of ALL 11 organ systems of your body:
Integumentary | Skeletal | Muscular | Lymphatic/Immunity | Respiratory | Digestive | Nervous | Endocrine | Cardiovascular | Urinary | Reproductive
Our Medicinally Lifestyle Wellness products are all 100% natural, grass feed, highly nutritious & sustainably sourced – they are made with Ayurvedic herbs & spices so are very “spicy” with extra ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper and black pepper amongst many other ingredients so sip carefully:
Broth 250ml per day everyday – heat on the stove top in the morning & consume instead of tea or coffee. (no microwave)
Our 8 day detox includes your morning broth (first thing) of choice and the following, after fasting for 14 - 16 hours from dinner time.
- Courageous Prebiotic/Probiotic Breakfast Salsa - to be consumed an hour after your broth. As endorsed & prescribed by Dr Richard Albrecht, this is definitely something we needed to get used to but it is EXCELLENT for your gut biome. Mix the blended salsa of onion, garlic, leeks, asparagus (hence courageous) in 3 - 6 tablespoons of Bulgarian natural yoghurt with a heaped teaspoon of Psyllium Husk and 3 blocks Lindt 90% dark chocolate.
- Ayurvedic Immunity Elixir - 25ml shot Midday (shake well)
- Alkaline Hydrating Cleanser - 250ml before lunchtime.
- Ayurvedic Antioxidant Elixir - 100ml anytime you feel peckish.
- Ashwagandha Chocolate Smoothie - 125 - 250ml per day, preferably after a meal as a dessert.
- Green Superfood Smoothie - 250ml per day as a lunch replacement
- Antioxidant Chia & Buchu Tea - 250ml in the afternoon
MEDICINALLY TIPS FOR WELLNESS
“The basic principle of Ayurvedic medicine is to prevent and treat illness—rather than respond to indicators of disease—by maintaining balance and harmony between your body, mind and environment. The concept of the immune system in Ayurveda extends beyond the physiological & cellular components, as recognized by Western sciences. A healthy immune system is represented by physical, mental and emotional, as well as the spiritual resilience of an individual. This is why our products have so many ayurvedic herbs and spices and their birth was based on the Ayurvedic principles.
Our personal steps to take to start healing your body :
STOP DRINKING TAP WATER IMMEDIATELY 🚫
Only drink "perfect" water with all the healthy minerals from now on! Our water is so full of toxins, not so great for the good bacteria of the gut. Perfect water has a PH of 7. It is a neutral PH. You can buy big bottles of water and only drink that water. Try to aim for 2-3 Litres of water a day, add lemon, strawberries and even ice it, to make it more refreshing. Remember, you can drink as much perfect water, our MA Chia & Buchu Antioxidant Tea cold or warm. We also recommend coconut water.
Lots of rest, mostly sleep, boosts your immunity. It’s imperative that you get at least 8 hours of sleep. Do not sit at your desk or at the same place for more than an hour without taking a break or a quick stroll. A cool mantra: #keepmoving
An affirmation is an action or process of affirming something - "he nodded in affirmation". Similar: assertion, declaration, statement, proclamation, pronouncement, attestation, assurance, oath, vow, swearing, guarantee, promise, certification, pledge, deposition, confirmation, endorsement
- Boundaries of Compassion – Please begin by learning a magical word... "NO"
A “NO” can easily be turned into a “YES”. Once you have given it some thought. It’s ok to change your mind anytime, as long as you are putting your own wellness FIRST.
- BREATHS (Pranayama) / SIGHS / STRETCHES
"Pranayama is the practice of breath regulation. It's a main component of yoga, an exercise for physical and mental wellness. In Sanskrit, “prana” means life energy and “yama” means control. In yoga, pranayama is used with other practices like physical postures (asanas) and meditation (dhyana)."
Don’t forget to stretch & BREATHE. Breathing properly is what gives us life and often, we forget to stop and give our bodies the deep breaths that we need. So, take time out and breaaaathe! Move your body! You can walk, run, do yoga, swim, dance, cycle, do gardening or even clean the house, but move your body the way it was intended to. Movement with a focus on breathwork is healing and it gives us all the energy/ Chi / Qi, that we need!
- INFLAMMATION TIPS - Your body cannot function when it is on FIRE! Thus, you need to get that fire under control.
After fasting for 12 - 16 hours from your last dinner, enjoy 250ml Bone Broth every morning, heated on the stove top - ( https://www.medicinally.co.za/pages/faqs )
- Increase your intake of kefir, kombucha, green leafy veggies, celery, beetroot, pineapple, blueberries, fermented foods like Kimchi, sauerkraut & pickles.
- Add flaxseeds to whatever you can. A glass of ice-cold lemon water with flaxseeds or chia seeds, is so #guthealing.
- Dark chocolate (90% Lindt) - Dark chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants & minerals, and it generally contains less sugar than milk chocolate. Some research suggests that dark chocolate may help lower the risk of heart disease, reduce inflammation and insulin resistance, and improve brain function.
- Red wine in moderation. Antioxidants in red wine called polyphenols which may help protect the lining of blood vessels in your heart. A polyphenol called resveratrol is one substance in red wine that's gotten attention for its health benefits. Wine contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties. Chronic inflammation is harmful and may increase the risk of conditions such as heart disease, autoimmune disorders, and certain cancers.
- Fruit & nut oils (coconut, almond, avo).
- Vegetables grown above the ground.
- Turmeric Powder (#Curcumin #Turmeric is an Ayurvedic root found in most of our products).
- Beetroot wherever and whenever is a must!
VITAMINS & MINERALS
Ensure daily doses of:
- Vitamin D - 5000 IU daily. A 15 min vitamin D walk outdoors, in the sunshine is perfect for #negativeions - Negative ions are molecules floating in the air or atmosphere that have been charged with electricity. Negative Ions in the home - Burning beeswax candles / to clean the air, produce negative ions, and assist with allergy and asthma reduction. Run an indoor water fountain. The force or energy of falling water causes the neutral particles in air to split which frees electrons to attach to other air molecules resulting in negative ions. That is why a walk on the beach or near a running waterfall are exhilarating!
- Vitamin C - 1000mg daily.
- Vitamin K2 - 1/day OR Fermented Foods/Beverages and our Broths, our Green Superfood Smoothie & our Ayurvedic Antioxidant Elixir.
- Omega 3 - 1000mg daily - Ashwagandha Chocolate Smoothie
- Magnesium Chelate (2 at night) OR see our Soda Mag Suggestion below.
- CoEnzymeQ10 OR 250ml of our Alkaline Hydrating Elixir, full of BROMELAIN.
- Vitamin B - salmon, trout, beef, eggs & liver OR our Broth & our Green Superfood Smoothie.
- Calcium - OR our Ashwagandha Chocolate Smoothie, Broths.
- Zinc - Ashwagandha Chocolate Smoothie & our Broths.
- Folic acid - Broths & our Green Superfood Smoothie.
- Probiotic 2 x daily (reliable strains). Our Courageous Breakfast which also contains: Fibre / Psyllium husk. Research shows that taking psyllium is beneficial to many parts of the human body, including the heart and the pancreas.
- Quercetin - Great for Cardiovascular health & to boost your immune system. Most of our Medicinally products contain the above and have Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Alkaline, Detox & Hydration properties. Our broths, elixirs, smoothies & juices contain Quercetin.
- Zeolite - Zeolite has been rated Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) for human consumption by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and it has been used commercially for water filtration for years. Most studies published show the effectiveness of zeolite to clean up contaminated water from heavy metals and other toxins.
- Olive Leaf Extract - Olive leaf contains a substance called oleuropein, which breaks down in the body to another substance called enolinate. It is stated that enolinate kills harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi in the body, but at the same time nurtures microbes that are good for health.
INTERMITTENT FASTING / Qi HEALING ENERGY
Fasting is the first principle of medicine - Rumi
Check our tips on this link on our website :
When the special Qi energy is not used to digest your food, it is not working overtime, it is able to begin with stem cell recovery. When you are not eating, the Qi is regenerating & healing the body.
- 12 hours intermittent fasting -(a 12 - 16-hour gap between dinner and your next meal is extremely beneficial. Do this as many times per week as possible. Before doing so, please make an appointment with your doctor or our Integrative healing GP - Dr R. Albrecht in Strubensvalley, Roodepoort, South Africa.
- SNACKS - The aim is to make better choices. If you can, begin spoiling yourself with real butter and sourdough* bread - "a soul savior" for bread lovers.
- Eliminate all sugar (We have replaced sugar with a good Fynbos honey or Xylitol)
- Lactose is the sugar in milk, our body does not have enough lactase to digest lactose, which may cause diarrhoea.
- Almond milk also has great health benefits.
- During the day, snack on grain fed biltong, fresh cherries, berries or crudités.
SOURDOUGH* Sourdough bread is a baking art form that is, by its very nature, a healthier choice – and here are our 11 favourite reasons why.
It is easy to digest / It has a lower glycaemic index / Better for gluten-sensitivity / More “good acid” / Provides healthy bacteria / Less yeast / Natural origins / Fewer preservatives.
- MUSCLES & MASSAGE
Do it! Get your body the loving it needs. Essential oils are great - spoil yourself!
- SODA MAG
Add 2 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia (Try the Phipps brand from any pharmacy) to a 500 ml soda water & sip on it throughout the day. This is a good form of magnesium to ease your muscles which support your structure – look after them and be gentle with them. Magnesium benefits are unbelievable especially for insomnia & depression, along with our Ashwagandha Chocolate Smoothie.
- BICARBONATE OF SODA / BAKING SODA
Stir a teaspoon of bicarb in a glass of water every day. Sodium bicarbonate is a salt that breaks down to form sodium and bicarbonate in water. This breakdown makes a solution alkaline, meaning it is able to neutralize acid. Because of this, sodium bicarbonate is often used to treat conditions caused by high acidity in the body, such as heartburn and also aids digestion.
SMILE - Never forget your inner-child & the need for playfulness #laughteristhebestmedicine
Floss & floss again. If you can afford an Oral Irrigator, this will make you smile more. Gum disease is a silent killer. The Oral Irrigator is the best way to clean and floss your teeth, orthodontists are known to use this over brushing your teeth. I make a paste of turmeric, olive oil and coconut oil. Brush your teeth normally, leave for a couple of minutes and brush. Brush your teeth with turmeric once a week - the results are very impressive😁
- PRAYER / MEDITATION / “DOWNLOAD TIME-OUT"
According to the research of Dr. Fred Luskin of Stanford University, a human being has approximately 60,000 thoughts per day - and 90% these are repetitive! Once you can master this mindfulness practice of prayer / meditation, you will have more power over your thoughts. The AIM IS TO QUIETEN THE MIND and take you away from your own repetitive thoughts to become more present. Our favourite is to lie on a mat and do a guided meditation. Mindful meditation can include walking, gardening or a mindful repetitive motion or hobby.
The alarm that goes off when your GUT / BRAIN / HEART is out of sync. Anxiety is especially exacerbated by the intruders in your body (wrong foods & beverages) and is most likely dehydration of the organs, especially the brain. Anxiety is alerting you that you need to look after your body and all 11 organ systems of the body. When there is an intruder in your body, the anxiety alarm is triggered. This calls for a good Medicinally gut cleanse and gut repair (Courageous Breakfast, Broths & Ayurvedic Immunity Elixir, with real Apple Cider Vinegar for acid reflux, and elimination of toxins & sometimes parasites in the gut. Your brain does get dehydrated, so nourish it with clean water & an Ashwagandha Chocolate Smoothie, both filled with goodness and the right nutrients and minerals plus the calming nightshade plant - Ashwagandha, which will automatically support & calm the brain, which often manipulates to protect, affecting the heart causing your alarm to be triggered. Because of the strong gut, brain & heart connection, anxiety is a rush of trauma-based fears that need healing through FACING, FOCUSING, FEELING & HEALING, with various mindful modalities other than stretching, yoga, breathwork and faith. It's all connected.
So important, please go research this incredible & necessary practice. There is a grounding device available - do some research on this, it’s very interesting.
The most incredible way to regenerate & heal by doing a daily cold-water immersion, along with some Wim Hoff breathing techniques.
- HEART & SOUL& #bellylaughs – do whatever you can to laugh. Spend time with people who feel like sunshine.
- EPSOM SALTS
After a long day and before bed, lie in a hot Epsom salts bath for as long as you can to ease the tension in your muscles.
We all have a beautiful book inside of us, waiting to be written. Write (preferable to typing) your thoughts, feelings, concerns and whatever comes to mind. Let it flow… often we are confused as to what we want in life. If you are struggling with this, begin writing what you don't want. This way you will keep track of your own progress too. It is an incredible feeling to look back and see how far you have come. Be specific, the universe only responds with a big “YES”, so be mindful of what you are asking. This is how intentions begin to manifest.
This is our personal list of #medicinallysoulutions and are suggestions only that have worked for us and changed our lives for the better! It has taken a lifetime and in 2016, after our diagnoses, we committed blood, sweat, tears and so much LOVE & COMPASSION for what we have achieved and what we do. Please handle with care and reach out... #nutritionisselflove #foodismedicine #healyourlifenaturally
With so much love
Wanita & Alexandra Sparrow
FURTHER SUPPLEMENTS RECOMMENDED BY MEDICINALLY FOR CLIENTS WITH COVID OR WHO ARE STRUGGLING WITH ADVERSE VACCINE EFFECTS – OPTIONAL TIPS FOR WELLNESS – Wanita Sparrow www.medicinally.co.za
Here are a few additions to our everyday Medicinally Daily Wellness, Detox & Palliative Protocol. All Medicinally Products due to their highly nutritious and beneficial ingredients for strengthening, detox & “immunity boosting” natural maximum wellness benefits.
Enzymes - OR our Alkaline Hydrating Cleanser contains Bromelain
- Colloidal Silver (1 - 6 drops per day, depending on degree of exposure). Colloidal silver is said to have broad antibacterial and antiseptic effects when taken orally.
- NAC (N-acetyl cysteine) - accelerates detoxification and is considered a producer of the super detoxifier glutathione in the body. Dosage: 1200-2400 mg per day on an empty stomach. NAC is recommended to detoxify graphene oxide and SM-102. Request NAC from your doctor! Acetylcysteine produces or releases glutathione. (NAC) is Acetylcysteine
NAC is needed to make and replenish glutathione. Glutathione is one of the body's most important antioxidants, which helps neutralize free radicals that can damage cells and tissues in your body.
• Zinc (30-80mg per day depending on immunological pressure)
• Vitamin D3 (10,000 IU’s per day)
• Lyposomal Vitamin C (30ml, twice daily)
• Quercetin (500-1000 mg, twice daily)
• Iodine (dosage depends on brand, more is not better). Iodine is a product you have to start with small dosages and build up over time.
• PQQ (20-40 mg per day)
- C60 (1-3 dropper-full per day):
C60 is a rich-source of electrons and acts like a fire extinguisher to inflammation and simultaneously (because it bio-distributes throughout the body) drives a normalization of electron flow throughout the body. C60 is recommended to neutralize the spike protein and detoxify graphene oxide & SM-102.
- Activated Charcoal (400-2000mg) (1-5 capsules) a day with water.
• NAC: N-Acetyl Cysteine - NAC, an essential, is the best precursor to glutathione in the body which has the best research for neutralizing graphene oxide. Take 900-1800 mg a day. Get it while you can. Glutathione is an antioxidant that fights free radicals, molecules that cause cellular damage.
Special Note: Ivermectin is showing great promise against hydrogels containing graphene oxide and found on PCR test swabs, but ad it is a pharmaceutical, we do not necessarily recommend although it was FDA approved in 1996 & discovered in 1975. To be administered effectively by a medical doctor in severe cases.