When we began sharing our own healing experiences, newfound and ongoing wisdom as we constantly gather new information, with others, it is helping us to deepen our knowledge to beautifully ingrain what we both came to discover many moons ago.
New conversations around our "food is medicine" approach, brought a healthier lifestyle with informed choices into our lives. Opportunities began to synchronistically arise, just from our powerful gesture to share our wisdom, offering an opportunity for others in pain or with symptoms of dis-ease, along with our divine products produced & well-researched benefits. With our unique set of skills & holistic interests, we are guiding others to begin a lifestyle of wellness too!
Our products are not just a once-off, they are a lifestyle that will bring you back to your natural homeostasis, all made with so much love" - Alexandra & Wanita Sparrow
MedicinAlly Bone Broth - all you need to know :
- For many years, Alexandra & Wanita Sparrow have been incorporating bone broth in their diet, something they do daily and something they have recommended to friends and clients to do for years.
- The making of our liquid gold, grain-fed & free-range bone broth, is a two-day, loving process. It genuinely helps with gut healing, strengthening immunity, quick muscle repair & recovery.
- It is full of micronutrients, white & red stem-cell marrow, amino acids, and collagen. It is also the tastiest and spicy bone broth we have ever tasted as we follow Ayurvedic principles and ensure that our bone broth is a daily ritual that we look forward to with excitement.
- "After making our broth for many years, Ally's natural flair & understanding of all ingredients, as a mindful & holistic chef, she has mastered the recipe, to one of delicious perfection!" - Wanita Sparrow
- Bone broth is rich in the amino acid glycine, which protects us from the harmful effects of glyphosate. Glyphosate, the active ingredient in the poisonous weed killer/herbicide - Roundup, which actually mimics glycine, blocking its action.
- It’s an essential amino acid used for protein production, so its role in building strong immunity and a healthy body can’t be underestimated.
What is bone broth?
Basically, in our words, it is a delicious clear broth/soup made over two days with locally sourced vegetables, filtered water, ayurvedic herbs and spices, and the joint bones of “happy” animals. We make sure these animals lived beautiful lives as it carries into their cells and then into your body. We also love the below extract on one of our mentor’s take of the broth :
"Bone broth is simple, it’s timeless, and it’s where we can go when we want to get back to the basics. Bone broth has healing properties that go deeper than we can imagine. Bones represent the structure of the Universe. When we feel we know the truth, we feel it deep in our bones. Bone broth is grounding and nourishing. And while all of this sounds wonderful, we also have science to show us the benefits that our bodies can feel with each sip”- Louise Hay
Bone broth has been one of the reasons we are constantly complimented on our skin and hair as we have never used any fancy cosmetics, always staying hydrated with "clean water" as well.
Studies conducted on bone broth have found that it can improve your health in a myriad of ways. - By Louise Hay, The below information has been extracted from ‘18 Amazing Health Benefits of Bone Broth’. Yes, she is our ABSOLUTE POSITIVE AFFIRMATION HERO, who began Wanita's understanding of the metaphysical causes for diseases & illnesses.
1. Bone Broth Boosts Immunity
Amino acids in bone broth, like arginine (good for your sex life), glutamine, and cysteine, have been shown to boost immunity in humans and animals.
2. Bone Broth Alleviates the symptom of the common cold & Bronchitis
There’s a solid scientific reason that we reach for chicken soup during cold and flu season. In 2000, a study was published in Chest, the official journal of the American College of Chest Physicians, which studied chicken soup (bone broth) and found that it does indeed aid in alleviating symptoms of the common cold, by clearing mucus, opening respiratory pathways, and providing easily digested nutrition.
In addition, according to medical doctor and UCLA professor Irwin Ziment, chicken soup naturally contains the amino acid cysteine, which chemically resembles the bronchitis drug acetylcysteine.
3. Bone Broth Fights Inflammation
Studies show that many of the amino acids in bone broth (such as cysteine, histidine, and glycine) reduce inflammation, and L-glutamine specifically reduces gut inflammation. Additionally, the same Chest article from October 2000 mentioned above concluded that chicken soup’s anti-inflammatory benefits may be one reason it is so helpful with relieving symptoms of the common cold
4. Bone Broth Strengthens Bones And Teeth
A study on the necessary nutrients for bone health found that the process of bone formation requires “an adequate and constant supply of nutrients” as follows: calcium, protein, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin D, potassium, zinc, manganese, copper, boron, iron, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, and the B vitamins.
Bone broth with vegetables and meat or fish provides a good source of all of these vitamins and minerals.
5. Bone Broth Promotes weight loss when beginning to incorporate it, into a healthier lifestyle & aids clients in palliative care to increase their strength & gain weight.
While more studies of gut bacteria and weight loss need to be conducted, research has shown that obese people have more of a certain type of bacteria called Firmicutes and less of another type called Bacteroidetes in their digestive tracts. The higher proportion of Firmicutes is believed to lead to a higher amount of calories extracted from food. Therefore, a higher ratio of Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes has become one of the markers of obesity.
Bone broth is a good source of L-glutamine, an essential amino acid (the building block of protein) necessary for the body and gut health. L-glutamine was found in studies to reduce the Firmicutes in the gut and, therefore, aid in weight loss.
Many studies have also looked at whether consuming soup before a meal promoted weight loss due to a lower amount of calories eaten during the meal itself. In a study published in the November 2007 issue of Appetite (an international research journal specializing in behavioral nutrition and the cultural, sensory, and physiological influences on choices and intakes of foods and drinks), researchers conducted the study again and went a step further to see if eating a meal with liquid would have the same effect as soup.
The finding was that ingesting soup did indeed reduce caloric intake at the next meal and that only soup—not food consumed with water—had this beneficial effect.
6. Bone Broth Improves Hydration
Bone broth, especially when it’s made from vegetables, adds electrolytes (minerals) and carbohydrates (from vegetables) to the diet. Studies have shown that drinking broth can re-hydrate better than water alone due to the electrolytes.
7. Restore Exercise Capacity with Bone Broth
Additional studies have shown that liquids with carbohydrates and electrolytes, like a bone broth simmered with vegetables, outperform water alone, when it comes to restoring exercise capacity that may be lost from dehydration and electrolyte depletion.
8. Build Muscle with Bone Broth
The amino acids in bone broth can help stimulate muscle protein synthesis. Muscle protein synthesis is essential for the ongoing growth, repair, and maintenance of skeletal muscle groups. In a study looking at healthy patients and ovarian-cancer patients, researchers found that ingesting amino acids helped stimulate muscle protein synthesis and reduced inflammation, both in healthy participants and participants undergoing cancer therapy.
9. Improve Mood with Bone Broth
Your diet influences your gut bacteria, and your gut bacteria influence your brain to bring you better heart health too. According to neuroscientists, your gut bacteria are constantly speaking to your brain. The makeup of gut bacteria, called your microbiome, influences how the brain is wired from infancy to adulthood, along with moods, memory, the ability to learn, and how to deal with stress. When the gut microbiome is healthy, it sends happy signals to the brain; when it’s unhealthy, it can send signals of anxiety, thus creating a healthier heart.
Because of this signaling, neuroscientists are starting to investigate how to manage gut bacteria to treat mood and stress-related disorders such as depression.
Biologists say that the degenerative and inflammatory diseases on the rise in industrialized societies could be corrected by the use of gelatin-rich foods due to the presence of restorative amino acids such as glycine, alanine, proline, and hydroxyproline.
In addition to these benefits of bone broth, the gelatin it contains has an additional 9 bonus side effects.
10. Stronger, healthier nails
13. Arthritis and joint pain relief
15. Can alleviate diabetes and lower blood sugar; supports insulin regulation
16. Can improve sleep
17. Helps regulate bleeding from nosebleeds, heavy menstruation, ulcers, hemorrhoids, and bladder Hemorrhage
18. Helps normalize stomach acid, which is useful for colitis, celiac disease, ulcers, and other inflammatory gut conditions.
For decades, food manufacturers have been trying to sell you on Gatorade (Energade), energy drinks, over-the-counter drugs, antibiotics, weight-loss potions, and energy pills. Well, there is something you can take for better health and better athletic performance, but it’s not one of these—it’s healthy & nutrient-dence bone broth!
But What about A Broth For Vegetarians?
If you are following a vegetarian or vegan diet, we are currently perfecting our vegan broth recipe. COMING SOON, once we launch it, we will upload a Vegetarian Broth blog post.
When should I drink bone broth?
Begin OR end your day by drinking 250ml per day. It is like starting your day with a cuppa java, but better. Warm on a stove and NOT in a microwave. You can put your heated broth in a flask for travelling.
What is the difference between bone broth and stock?
The key to the power of bone broth is that long cooking/simmering time. The regular broth has only a fraction of the nutrients, and little or no gelatin. Stock has gelatin, but not as much as bone broth - and it doesn't cook long enough to extract as many bone-deep nutrients. So bone broth isn't the same as stock.
If a person intends to drink bone broth for weight loss, try incorporating these tips as well:
- Drink 250 ml broth daily, preferably in the morning. We consume our broth after fasting for 16 hours with plenty of healthy & warm liquid in between, aiding the healing energy of our digestive system - the gut. Instead of digesting food overnight, our body can use this amazing energy to repair & heal the body instead.
- Eliminate gluten, lactose, sugar (use natural irradiated honey), and all processed and unhealthy fast food from the diet.
- Replace sugary drinks with water, we add fresh lemon juice & fruit to give the water a "tasty kick".
- Get 30 to 60 minutes of exercise per day, walking in a mall is exercise, so is dancing.
- Aim for 7 to 9 hours of sleep, per night, lack of sleep is so unhealthy.
Does bone broth make you poop?
It may seem surprising, but bone broth, such as chicken or beef bone broth, can help your poop whether you're pooping too much or too little. The nutrients in it help your gut by supporting your digestion of fat, cutting down on inflammation, and undoing intestinal wall damage.
Does bone broth make you gain weight?
Bone broth helps you lose weight fast. Unlike the watery broth in a cube, can, or dry collagen powder our range of broths are rich, hearty, and very satisfying, with a real "feel good & guilt-free" feeling once consumed. When you drink a cup, you'll feel like you've eaten a full meal, even though you're only taking in around 50 to 60 calories.
Bone broth is ALSO able to help sick or underweight people actually gain weight and sustenance.
Liquid or powdered bone broth?
Would you buy your steaks or veggies in powdered form? Exactly, the fresher more natural it is, the better.
"Nourishing homemade liquid broth, as it's nutrient-dense, made with love and it feels like you are sipping an old family recipe. Our broths support all 11 organ systems of the body - TOO AMAZING & DELICIOUS FOR WORDS" - Ally Sparrow